Zig Ziglar was once confronted about being a “motivational speaker.”
The guy said to him, “You guys come and get people hyped up and then you leave and the motivation goes away. It doesn’t last, and then you have to get motivated again.”
Zig reminded the gentleman that baths are the same way but we think it is a good idea to take a bath every day!
It is true that motivation doesn’t last. We have to renew it each and every day. That is okay. It doesn’t make motivation a bad thing.
We simply have to realize that if we want to stay motivated over the long term, it is something we will have to apply to ourselves each and every day.
31 Tips on Happiness, Productivity, and Life
1) Control your yawn – Yawning in front of people reveals a lack of self-control and character.
”Sneezes and yawns make you look very silly”- Hagakure: The Secret Wisdom of the Samurai
2) Laugh every day– Laughing instantly reduces the levels of stress hormones such as cortisol, epinephrine (adrenaline) and dopamine, and increases the production of serotonin and endorphin which reduce effects of stress.
3) Never wait for inspiration.
“If I waited for inspiration every time I sat down to write a song,I would probably would be a plumber today” – Barry Mann
4) Take more risk– If you win, you will be happy. If you lose, you will be wise.
5) Forgive everyone.
”To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you” – Lewis Smedes
6) When driving, pretend the other drivers are all friends and relatives. It makes the driving friendlier, and often hilarious.
7) Forget about the past – You cannot change the past but the future is firmly in your hands.
“The past is not the jail keeper of your future” -James Altucher
8) Build an emergency fund– If an unexpected emergency comes up you can pay for it, rather than not paying other bills and falling behind. It’s a simple step, but it will mean a lot.
9) Learn before you earn – you have no right to expect to make money without first doing intensive and intelligent preparation.
10) Get others to do the work for you, but always take the credit.
11) Take 5-30 min power naps– This can increase your total output in terms of mental focus and energy levels throughout the day. Beware of power napping for longer than 30 minutes, because that will often make you even more tired than when you began the power nap.
12) Think positively.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t,you’re right”. – Henry Ford
13) Quit your job– Life shouldn’t be spent doing shit you hate. Benefits and security aren’t worth your happiness.
14) Don’t compare yourself to others.
15) Not everyone will like you, you need to be okay with that.
16) Pray– It doesn’t matter if you are praying to a god or to dead people or to the sun or to a chair in front of you – it just means being thankful and not taking all the credit, for just a few seconds of the day.
17) Join a mastermind group– The benefits might surprise you.
18) So much depends on reputation– Guard it with your life.
19) Do one task at a time– Multi-tasking is great if you like doing things half-assed but if you want something done right you have to put all your effort into it.
Cut out all multitasking from your life. There are zero benefits to doing it. Only negatives.
20) Skip breakfast and fast – It gives your digestive system time to recover.
Even if you don’t do intermittent fasting or longer periods of fasting, you should force yourself to do it every once in a while just let your stomach rest.
Because this is very healthy. Fasting is good for your immune system, your digestion obviously, your willpower. And, of course, you lose fat.
21) Anger, Jealousy, and bitterness ruin your life– be happy for everyone.
22) Listen to Audiobooks– Audiobooks are really convenient. You can have them on your phone, iPod, computer and in the car. This makes the content accessible and you can easily continue where you left off from last time.
My favorite audiobook currently is Unfu*k Yourself
23) Cut toxic people from your life – Toxic people are those around you who want to hold you back, discourage you from pursuing your dreams, or sabotage your success in any way.
Cut the dead weight, losers are losers and for the most part will remain forevermore.
Find those that challenge you for they are your true allies.
24) Get into the flow – This is both a happiness and productivity tip.
Flow is the term for the state we enter when we are completely focused on the work or task before us. We are so immersed in our task that we lose track of time. Having work and leisure that gets you in this state of flow will almost undoubtedly lead to happiness.
25) Keep a Journal– If you believe your life is worth living (and you should) – keep track of it. It adds tremendous value to your life in retrospect; it allows you to see and fix recurring problems, record the progress you’ve been making and how you need to adjust your life for optimal results.
26) Avoid argument– Arguing is a waste of time. It takes up your time and energy and doesn’t produce any tangible results.
27) Avoid comfort zones – It is only a poor man that eats and sleeps in his comfort zone.
28) Lift weights – The real benefits of weight training have nothing to do with reducing body fat or having a nice build.
The real benefits have everything to do with relieving stress, building confidence, giving you a positive mental attitude, developing discipline, and giving you a rush like narcotics would do. Check out my Body Building and Fitness Arsenal
29) Finish what you start– Rewards go to people who finish what they start, rewards never go to quitters.
This powerful blend will burn fat, detox your body, boost your metabolism and fuel your body with energy, nutrients, and vitamins and make you look better.
31) Be a Fighter– Fight to conquer your weakness, desire, and dreams and do whatever it takes to win.
“You have only one life! Take a chance, make a change, and live!”- Kim Yannayon
Thanks for reading this article, if you found it helpful, be sure to share it around.
If you’re having any more questions or thoughts on this article be sure to share them with me in the comment section below or send me a personal message if you feel lost or confused or even just need someone to talk to…. I’d be glad to help.